Monday, January 12, 2009

Buddies

Twice a week, the girls and I attend a class at the YMCA that teaches preschool basics: arts and crafts, circle time and, of course, the chicken dance. Since Zoe is under the 3-6 age requirement, they let her attend as long as I stay in the room with her.

It's been a real treat to see my girls interact in a group setting together. They're like best friends, they sit together, get in trouble for talking and sometimes even hold hands. Zoe always looks to her sister to make sure she's 'doing it right' as she's inexperienced in such a school setting. And Athena in turn always makes sure she's sitting "criss-cross applesauce" or prompts her when it's her turn to do something.

When they're at home, they will fight about the most ridiculous toy, but out in the world they have a unbreakable bond and seem to really like being with each other.

5 comments:

Stu said...

I can see your heart swell and tears forming all the way from NY.

So sweet, criss cross applesauce, I'm going to have to use that one.

Kyla said...

They are so sweet! I love to watch BubTar help his sister make her way in the world.

Anonymous said...

Adorable! I love it. I look forward to Lainey and Graham being like that ... if she ever warms up to him!

Laura said...

It's soo true! Our kids are the same way. They are like best buds at school - in fact so much that they sometimes have to be separated - but they watch out for each other and Kestian always says "If Adelaide ever gets lost in the woods that he will go and find her" (whatever THAT means) but they pick on each other so much at home!

Kristin said...

That's how me and my sister were. I love seeing that with your girls. My boys are almost the opposite...E looking out more for D at home but when they're in public poor D is on his own. :)