Friday, May 23, 2008

Love Letters

Today was Athena's last day at her Montessori school. The day ended with lots of hugs all around and a wonderful book of drawings from everyone in her class. In my stupid haste, I did not bring the camera, so no photos of her fabulous teachers, nor pictures of her friends or of "the Heathers" (the scary clique of Moms who all seemed to be named Heather) who have been so much a part of our daily routine this year.

And no photos of Nick. Nick who has been Athena's sweetheart. A five year old heart throb whose mere name mentioned would get Athena to school each day. Nick drew the photo pictured above for Athena as a going away present, and she promised to send him a "letter" in return.

Apparently, they were caught kissing behind the tree, but Athena has not fessed up about that, she sticking to her story "Nick hug me alot today, it's my last day, we had muffins."

Does it really start this early?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, that is so sweet. A love letter. He did quite well in his drawing.

I hope you all get settle in your new home and I am sure Athena will have another Nick. Princess Athena can have any Prince but let's hope it is much later.

Kristin said...

Wow, Nick's got some talent...and I definitely approve of his taste in the little ladies.

How sweet. I'm sure she'll miss him.

~aj~ said...

That drawing is adorable! I agree with Kristin...what great taste little Nick has.

Funny story...They play a game in Adam's Wednesday night Bible class where they turn off the light and use a black light for a few minutes. A few weeks ago, the lights came back on and Adam was in the corner with one of his little girl friends hugging all over him. He insists it was ALL her idea. So yes, unfortunately I think it does start this young. Yikes!

sheree said...

omg, too funny! I love that she has a preschool boyfriend! :) I bet she will miss her nick!

Kyla said...

Awwww! Kissing behind the tree!

When Josh was 2 years old he was caught french kissing a little girl in his class. When asked about it, he said, "We were just tasting each others tongues!" Plausible explanation. LOL.