Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back in Business

My camera seems to have magical healed itself overnight. Where once the battery was not holding a charge, now it is. Isn't it amazing when that happens? I suppose I should still take it in.


Regardless, Zoe and I went to storytime today, just the two of us. She was pretty disinterested in the actual story - instead she preferred to spend her time leafing through the mystery paperbacks and saying "No pictures!" and then tossing them aside.

Today was the third of our "secret Wednesday" getaways. Wednesdays are suppose to be one of her daycare mornings, to free me up so that I can work. But when she got the flu a couple of weeks back, I kept her out of school and by Wednesday she was still sick but not too sick to stay in. We found all these fabulous Mommy-Baby things to do within walking distance from our house. There's storytime at the bookstore and free children's movies at the theater and a performer who sings kid songs on a guitar by the fountain.

It was so much fun we went the following week too. Now Wednesday mornings have become our special time together. Athena misses out because she's in school, but she also gets exclusive Mommy time every afternoon when Zoe naps. My time with only Zoe is rare. Wednesday mornings are quickly becoming very special to us, Zoe has Mommy all to herself and I prance around like a new Mom who only has one child.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO PICTURES! These authors today just cannot relate to their fans anymore . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous that you can walk to all of those great things to do together! I agree, the time I get to spend with Graham alone is precious. We need to start looking for things we can do together while Lainey is in school. Cute picture!

~aj~ said...

That is so sweet and I'm super jealous that you have all that nearby. I'm sure it's even more fun for Zoe than it is for you.

Kristin said...

I can't wait for more Diddles and me time when Easton's in school.

Assuming he bucks up and can actually stay in school, that is. :)

Stu said...

I am curious to see what one looks like when they "prance around like a new Mom who only has one child"

DIANE said...

Prance on, Julie!!! I remember that feeling well after the "wrangling" feeling dealing with two! Enjoy your precious Wednesdays with Zoe!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you get some Zoe time. I probably need to make more of an effort to have alone time with each child, especially before Trace gets here.