We just can't find the right childcare for Zoe and I think I have looked at every daycare in town. I'm still working 15-20 hours a week and need a block of time where both girls are in school.
Earlier this year, we had Athena at her preschool three days a week and Zoe enrolled in a wonderful non-profit, parent cooperative nursery school four mornings a week. Zoe loved it and I got to be in school with her one day per week. Athena started to attend along with Zoe when I volunteered and liked it so much, I was going to transfer her to the same place. However, this parent cooperative, which was "organized by parents" closed down after 52 years serving the community due to infighting and unresolved issues with the Executive Board.
So, as of December, I enrolled Zoe in Athena's school two days a week and it's not going well. Above is the sad little Christmas card she made for me. Her little face says it all, she looks like she's in prison. When I drop her off she cries and when I pick her up she is still crying. The teachers say that she stops in between, but, I don't know...
Athena and Zoe have different classes but they share outdoor time. Athena tells me that she finds Zoe outside crying for Mommy. Athena just holds her hand and walks with her until she stops. Another time, Athena tells me, she found Zoe crying because there were several boys running too fast around her, Athena told them to go and played with Zoe until it was time to go inside. When Zoe's class lined up she cried and cried for her "Sisss-taah!"
Tuesday was the first day that I didn't get any reports of crying, so hopefully we're turning a corner. We'll see how today goes.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
The saddest face in preschool
Posted by
Julie
at
8:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That breaks my heart, be strong Zoe, it's all relative to how you perceive it! I hope she has turned a corner and she can adjust, perhaps she just needs to find her friend among her classmates that will make school enjoyable. All my love Zoe, hang in there!
Poor baby girl! That is the saddest picture. What a sweet big sister Athena is to take care of her like that during outside time. I hope Zoe continues to turn the corner and ends up really liking school.
That is so sad and I know it just breaks your heart. I hope she finds a comfortable way to find enjoyment there. And how awesome is Athena for showing such love and compassion for her sister. She is very sensitive.
I hope you have reached a turning point.
Oh that's so super sad. I can relate and it's just heartbreaking. I adore that Athena steps up like that and looks out for her little sister. I'm glad Zoe at least has her there for playground time.
This is making my eyes water, I feels so sad for her and touched by Athena.
good luck! I know it is very hard to find child care that both you and your child are comfortable with. I worked in child care for 8 years before I started teaching elementary school, and because the place I worked was so great, it made the search so much harder once we moved away and I had to find somewhere else. We did end up going with a private home "babysitter" if you will. She watched several children in her home and everyone was so much happier and definitely healthier. Good luck!
awww, break my heartwhy dontchya?!
Poor girl :( You know what though...I really think it will get better. Cameron was really mopey and emotional about preschool for QUITE a while and now he loves it.
I hope it works out.
Awww! I hope it gets better, Julie!
It always makes me so sad to hear news like this. More than once I got teary about lil Easton's struggles and now just imagining Zoe being so sad, it's breaking my heart.
I hope that things will improve soon. I know it has to be so hard. :(
Oh sweet Zoe, I hope you feel more comfortable soon. You're so lucky to have a big sis who helps you and loves you so much.
Post a Comment