Zoe is obsessed with purple. If something is purple, then it belongs to her. She must have purple lids on her sippy cups, purple snack bowls, purple socks and outfits consisting of mostly purple. It's really really hard to dress her in nothing but purple, I only have about three outfits that are in constant rotation now.
- She has her Daddy wrapped around her little fingers. She can get anything out of him, but just asking sweetly enough. She asks to be picked up, she looks him in the face (sometimes with a hand on his cheek) and he just melts. If we ask her "Why" she wants something she wants her answer is usually "Because I miss you and love you."
- We forget that she is only two because she is so advance verbally and with her letters and numbers, she is literally just one step behind her sister. And sometimes we have to remind ourselves that she isn't as old as her sister and cut her a bit of slack.
- Even though Zoe is an amazing conversationalist for a two-year-old, sometimes her words are a bit muddled. Chris and I get 90% of what she says, Athena however understands 100%, and if we don't know something she's saying we'll look to her translator for help. Athena answers very matter of factly and sort of impatiently ("She says she wants a sponge!") like we should have known the first time.
- Zoe and Athena are best friends. It is a wonderful sister friendship. At their school they are in separate rooms and I constantly get reports that when one sees the other in the hallway or through a window, there are tears because they miss each other. They can be cruel however, if Zoe is mad at her sister she says the worst thing she can think of, which is "You're not my best friend anymore" and it always causes Athena to burst into tears.
- Every night as I tuck her in, she thinks for a minute and then asks me for the most obscure stuffed animal she can think of. It's her special delay tactic, however, she hasn't stumped me yet and even if that particular animal is on the bottom of the toy box, I have found it.
- She is still straddling the line between baby and child. I know she'll soon phase out of her morning, noon and night demands for being held and, like her sister, those moments will be rare rather than the normal routine. And I'll miss that so much.
- She has no idea how much her world is about to change.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Zoe Catchup
Posted by
Julie
at
10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That last line, I'm pretty sure I felt my heart hit my throat... whatever that means.
That's my girl! Purple is the best!
aww. What a sweetheart! I had no idea she was so verbally advanced. And how adorably cute that she and Athena are so close.
*Melts my heart*
Post a Comment