I am your home
Even though you don’t light up like the sun
and kick your legs and feet
when you see me
(like you do when you see your Daddy)
I am your home
Even though I don’t make you laugh and giggle
until you have hiccups
(like your big sisters do)
I am your home
Even though I don’t play new and
interesting games with you constantly
(like your Mimi does)
I am your home
Because you lived inside me
for months and months (and months and months)
Because you fit against me like a puzzle piece
your warm head under my chin
Because I am there when you need me
the moment you make a sound
I am your shelter, your warmth, your comfort
When you're in my arms
You are home
Even though you don’t light up like the sun
and kick your legs and feet
when you see me
(like you do when you see your Daddy)
I am your home
Even though I don’t make you laugh and giggle
until you have hiccups
(like your big sisters do)
I am your home
Even though I don’t play new and
interesting games with you constantly
(like your Mimi does)
I am your home
Because you lived inside me
for months and months (and months and months)
Because you fit against me like a puzzle piece
your warm head under my chin
Because I am there when you need me
the moment you make a sound
I am your shelter, your warmth, your comfort
When you're in my arms
You are home
8 comments:
My darling beautiful daughter,
It's the best blog you have ever written.. It's sooooo... touching. I read it many times and cried and cried every time. I am so privelege to have daughter's like you and Michelle. I hope that my grandchildren have the love and warmth that both of you have.
I guess I must have done something right while you were growing up
Yes Mom's are Home's
This is extremely beautiful. I was deeply touched and moved. You are a fantastic mother.
that is beautiful...
Very touching, you are a beautiful poet, dear sis.
And a lovely home you are......those are very special feelings that go to the core....
Oh Julie, this gave me tears and goosebumps. Beautiful!!!!
Love this, Julie. Love it.
Precious. Love the poem and the picture. So sweet!
Post a Comment