Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Duck Park

Photobucket
The handful of parks we frequent have overly descriptive pseudonyms..."The Park with the River that we went to with Mariana and Mimi," "The Park by the Church with the Teenagers," "The Water Park with the Big Rocketship" or "The Park in the Neighborhood by the Bounce House with the Big Slide and the Picnic Tables."

Then there's "The Duck Park." Usually on Tuesday mornings, when Zoe and Jack are home but Athena's in school, we like to go to "The Duck Park." It's Zoe's absolute favorite.
Photobucket
Before we go, we dig out whatever is looking old in our bread basket (mmm really dry pita bread), stuff it into a plastic bag and away we go. Other than the vague smell of bird poop, it's a very desirable park - an appropriately Jack-sized climbing structure shaded under a big tree, a set of two swings, seesaw, tennis courts and ducks, or geese, rather - nicely enclosed in a bird sanctuary behind a chain link fence.
Photobucket
And if anyone knows me...they know I prefer my geese behind a chain link fence (shiver).
Photobucket
Zoe believes the sqwaking geese are saying "Give me more! Give me more! Give me more, Zoe!"
(I like that they call her by name)
Photobucket
After all the breaded goodies are gone, the Dude likes to run with the geese.

Photobucket
They'll chase us all along the length of the fence, back and forth.
(Stupid geese)
Photobucket
The Dude just wants to run. These days he's either strapped in his stroller or running off with me in chase. At "The Duck Park" he can be enclosed in the tennis courts and run and run 'til his hearts content.
Photobucket
Also, the Duck Park just so happens to be about .04 miles from a drive thru Starbucks!*

(*Quick side story...when I ordered my usual "VentiIcedCoffeeSweetenedWithClassicandandWithTwoPercentandLightIce, puhleez"
Zoe was surprised when I only picked up a coffee from the window.
"But you said so many things, Mommy!")

4 comments:

mimi said...

I know its only been a few days, but when I see pictures I miss your babies sooo much!

Mormor Helene said...

from the mouths of babes! Love how they see the world. Look forward to some park outings when we meet...ducks are fun!

Stu said...

That last line is exactly how I see you and Mimi all the time at starbucks. :)

Kyla said...

Hahaha! That Zoe line is awesome.

The Duck Park looks awesome.