Sunday, August 28, 2011

Blogworthy

If a picture is taken and it isn't posted on the blog or Facebook,
does it have any value or did it even really happen?Photobucket

This summer I started several blog posts that never made it past the first sentence. To say that I've relaxed my "blahging" is totally understated, its dwindled to a few paragraphs a month about the highest of highlights of the kids lives.
Photobucket
The little moments have passed by, without documentation, and are faded from memory.
Photobucket
On the one hand, I've allowed myself to actually live the moments, restoring the presence and being here and now rather than rushing to get my camera or silently translating events into blog material as they are happening.

Photobucket

There something to be said for being in the present moment in which one truly lives. Its beautiful because its fleeting. Nothing that happens will ever be the same in the same way again.
Photobucket
And once its gone its gone forever. Diminished to a fragment of memory - something that might have happened once. Blogging is no rival to reality, but at least by documenting there's a chance that one or two fleeting moments, of the thousands that pass by each week, may be captured and not forgotten.
Photobucket
And these moments are worthy of preserving, right?

2 comments:

Mormor Helene said...

Lovely, lovely....thanks for sharing your moments my dear Julie

sheree said...

Love it! I have definitely been living in the moment more, myself! :)