Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Greater Independence

Oh I love this photo! For a couple of reasons. First of all, I love how Zoe is sitting, with her legs tucked under and her toes pointed in. I remember when Athena first started sitting like this. Actually, I think I have a similar photo somewhere. She too was digging in a box of toys at about 9 or 10 months old.

For the baby that is constantly held, this signifies a certain new independence. Here, she's sturdy and comfortable and we can be across the room watching her without concern that she's going to fall and knock herself unconscious. It's the beginning of a new era of independent play and a big step towards toddler-hood.

I also love how this photo captures Zoe's grin. Chris calls this the "Hey, you looking at me?" smile. I think she looks like she's been caught doing something wrong - i.e. playing with her sister's mardi-gras necklace (aka 'choking hazard'). That's the smile that can get her out of anything. Oh, how my heart melts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is! I keep picturing her as a newborn! She needs to stop growing up so quickly!

How fast the time goes!

Stu said...

Too cute for words, and how will she be able to raid that toy box? What an incentive to stand.. :D