Monday, February 11, 2008

Pajama Day

Today Zoe and I were sick and Athena was sick by association, so we stayed home and in our pajamas for the majority of the day. Chris left early this morning on a business trip and the thought of getting us all dressed and out of the house to take Athena to school (for 2 1/2 hours) was too exhausting. Plus it was such a busy weekend, I thought a day of doing NO- thing was in order. Still, it's pretty rough entertaining two little ones without any out of the house activities, especially when you're not feeling great, but we made do.

An activity of PlayDough with cut straws kept
their interest for at least 20 minutes.
Zoe probably is sucking on some PlayDough here.
Athena deep in concentration making a PlayDough porcupine.
Doing dishes. Sort of...
And making faces.

6 comments:

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Don't you love/hate those days. I only wish I could have more of them where everyone feels well.

Anonymous said...

Oh no. I hope you all are feeling better soon. It really stinks when mommy is sick and no one to take care of you....

Stu said...

You're the coolest mom ever!

But these days are worth far more than the missed schooling.
Hope you feel better!

Kyla said...

Your girls are SO CUTE!

We have jammie days sometimes. It does a body good!

~aj~ said...

We also enjoy our occasional jammie day, but after a few hours I'm thinking "What are we going to do ALL day?!?!"

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Fowler family said...

Hi,

I found your blog via another mom that has a child with a cleft.

My name is Anna and I have 2 little boys (both whom were born with clefts).

I am so impressed with your ambition on sick days- I think we just end up watching TV/videos on those days :P

It's nice to "meet" you and your darling little girls!