Thursday, March 27, 2008

Reason #433

For Chris' birthday I made him a daily calendar that has a reason why I love him on each page. It took me about two weeks to put it all together writing 20 or so reasons at a stretch. It amazed me how easy it was to come up with 366 reasons (leap year) to love my husband.

Now, mind you, many of them are silly like "I love you because it's March 24th" and "I love you because you do not snore" but most are more meaningful like "I love how you inspire me to be more than I am" and "I love you because you gave me the gift of our children." Since finishing that project, I think of two or three more reasons why I love him every week that I didn't think of when writing the calendar.

Reason #433 is because he carefully mends the girls stuffed animals, thankfully taking this responsibility from me. I love how he approaches this task as the son of a surgeon taking special care to put them back together without leaving an ugly scar. He even gives them prescriptions of "bed rest" and "no heavy lifting." All of his patients have thus far gone on to lead normal lives.

We're not really sure how Zoe's favorite bear's arm got torn off (foul play is not yet ruled out). She just woke up from her nap and found him like that, brought him to her Daddy in pieces and said "Froke" with a very sad look in her eyes. Although Bear's arm now hangs a little lower than before and he will probably never play baseball again (he played for the Cubs) Zoe is happy. Because Zoe's Daddy is pretty awesome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a trip. That was a great read for a morning chuckle. You are so creative. And what a wonderful gift idea. I may have to remember that one.

Stu said...

I'm going to need to have a talk with Zoe, I think there's something fishy how she remembers nothing of that night....

Kristin said...

Oh Julie, that is the sweetest idea. I bet Chris loved it! You could always keep writing down your new ideas--for another time!

The stuffed animal surgery is too sweet. And that whole bit made me laugh: bed rest, never play baseball again. Go Cubs, by the way. That's MY hubby's team. :)

Becky said...

What a great dad!!!

Do you guys know yet when you will be moving here? I was just thinking about you this evening, so I decided to check out your blog again.

Kyla said...

That is SO sweet!

~aj~ said...

First of all, what a great gift idea, Julie! You are so creative.

Secondly, what a fantastic hubby you have! Sounds like he's a darn good surgeon with a 100% recovery rate!