Saturday, April 19, 2008

Breathe

Breathe. Just breathe. That was the theme for today. We put aside the packing and the lawn and the cleaning and the moving and the preparing the house for sale and went on a mini vacation to the good park with the sandpit. It's wasn't the Riviera but it was lovely to just take a moment and enjoy our family. Be together and breathe.

It's been a rough week hence the lack of blog entries (this is a happy place). Chris was in Bakersfield, Mimi in LA, Athena on Spring Break (and therefore in need of constant activities) and I had a list of a million and one things I hoped to accomplish. Hardly anything was taken off that list, but it did hang over my head and press in on me so that I forgot to breathe once or twice.

Our resident Doctor Athena, who got a Fisher Price Doctor's Kit as a special present in preparation for her appointment next week, has been checking the health of all things living and stuffed in our household. She regularly presses her plastic stethoscope to your back and says "Breathe. One more time. And again. And again."

Inhale... exhale... inhale...exhale... okay, I'm breathing.

5 comments:

Stu said...

What dedication, and you're very cunning to slip in the doctor's toys in preparation for her visit. What tact!

Anonymous said...

I hope these next few weeks speed by for you and you are able to accomplish so much. What a stressful time though. I will be thinking of you!

Kristin said...

I can't imagine all you have on your plate right now, Julie.

Athena has a big appointment next week???

Hang in there, friend. Best you can, anyway.

~aj~ said...

Athena is giving you some great advice!

Hope all goes well the next few weeks. I'll be thinking of you too!

Kyla said...

Yes, breathing is GOOD. Make sure it stays on your to do list, okay?

Ack! You reminded em I need to make BubTar's well child check appointment! I can't believe I forgot that.