Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling better...

These last two weeks have been pretty miserable - terrible nausea to the point where I just stopped eating altogether. For that last few days, I've only been able to eat a handful of rice or a half a cup of chicken soup. Instead of the typical 1-2 pounds I should have gained by now, I've lost more than five. Not good.

After meeting with a couple of real losers, I finally found a fantastic doctor who took one look at me and put me on a medication used for chemotherapy patients, but in a much smaller dosage, which has been a life saver. Finally, I can eat again, and I'm starting to feel a little bit better.

I promise to post more photos of the girls with stories soon, as my energy starts to come back. This is just one I took today, to hold you all over. More coming soon.

15 comments:

Mandalynn said...

Oohhh...my pregnancies usually start the same way. BFP's are quickly followed by a trip to the doctor for an ongoing prescription of Zofran-the wonder drug. I hope you're feeling better soon! The girls look gorgeous, as usual!

Becky said...

I took that medicine when I was pregnant with Sarah. Glad you found a doctor! Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's terrible that you have been so sick. Were you this sick with the girls? Glad you are starting to feel better.

I love the picture btw. They are so close in height. I bet they will get mistaken for twins if they aren't already.

Junie's Blog said...

So glad you are back!! Can't wait to see more of your beauties! Thank goodness for medication!lol

Kristin said...

I lost weight from the horrible m/s at the begininning with both of my BOYS...so yeah, were you like this with the GIRLS?

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Kristin makes an interesting point . . .

Julie said...

He he. No, I was NOT like this with the girls.

Anonymous said...

Oh I took Zofran too and it was a lifesaver! Hope you feel much better soon!! I was far, far sicker with my boy than my girl :) Jen

~aj~ said...

I also lost a lot of weight in the beginning of my last pregnancy. Hope your meds make a world of improvement for you!

I've been missing ya 'round here!

DIANE said...

Oh Julie! You poor thing. I had a feeling when I wasn't seeing updates...

Feel better soon!

Much love from us WA Liebels!

Stu said...

A swim and good greek salad and you'll feel great soon enough. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Kyla said...

Yay for Zofran! I lost 17 pounds at the beginning of KayTar's pregnancy. I had to take Phenergan and Zofran.

Hang in there! (I accidentally typoed "Hand in there" which is totally different, especially when discussing GYNs.)

Miss Barbara said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been so sick! I'm sure you'll make up for it later!
The girls look like they feel great!! = )

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Hope this passes quickly. Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh I heart zofran! The only thing that worked for me too! I hope you feel better! I felt way worse with Luke then Kate! Maybe its a boy! :)
Love, Cori