Sunday, August 24, 2008

Frog hunting

The last couple of nights, just after dark and before bathtime, we sneak out with our flashlights to hunt frogs. In order to find the frogs you must follow the puddles from the evening's sprinklers and look where all the neighborhood cats have gathered to watch the show. When you find this place, you will certainly see several of the little guys hopping and splashing around.

Frogs are not smart and actually quite easy to catch.

We like to name them, photograph them, look at them for a little bit
and then send them back to their Mommys and Daddys.

This is Pickles.

8 comments:

Stu said...

Piiii.....ckkkk.....lessssss

Looks like fun, perhaps we can play spot light tag wish fishes and crabs here in Greece!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time with lots of memories.

Kyla said...

Awwww! How fun!

Becky said...

Fun times! There are a lot of frogs around here, I have noticed. I don't think we had frogs in Oklahoma like they do here. (or snails for that matter) Do the girls like to look for those also?

Kristin said...

Can I just say...not many people with daughters would do much frog-hunting so that makes this even more special in my book.

What a fun new mini-tradition!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Mark caught a beautiful frog in our backyard the other day and Lainey wanted NOTHING to do with it. But Graham petted him and was so sweet to it. I know eventually that will change into being too rough, but for now it's sweet :)

~aj~ said...

Raising girls that hunt for frogs...I love it!!!

Junie's Blog said...

hehehe cool idea! Not being fond of frogs you wouldn't catch me doing that . . . lol