
Chris' cousin Josh married the beautiful Heidi over the weekend in San Bernadino. Mimi watched the little Dude back at the hotel, and Chris and the girls and I got all dressed up for the event.
Yes, Chris is dressed like a 70's porn star.
The girls enjoyed the ceremony, audibly gasping and whispering as the "princesses" walked down the aisle and then when they first caught a glimpse of the beautiful "princess bride."

Athena was also terribly impressed by the little flower girl and that role in the wedding. I had to stop her from practicing and pulling flower petals out of arrangements and strewing them on the floor.

They got a little restless at the sit down portion of the reception, the dances and speeches. Games like "Go find Aunt Katie" kept them occupied for a couple of minutes, but not long enough.

Around 9ish, Chris and I made the decision to ditch the kids back at the hotel with Mimi and return to the reception to actual enjoy ourselves. We had a blast dancing and partying until last call, pretending for just a few moments that we were a carefree young couple with no kids.
The next morning our headaches combined with the very loud and boisterous voices of the kids reminded us why parents of small children don't do that very often.
6 comments:
Love your last paragraph, Julie!! I've recently had that reminder myself. Ouch. :-)
Sounds like so much fun, though!
So Athena wants to be a flower girl huh? Any hidden messages there? Hehe. Get going Unca Stu!!
^ Speak for yourself there lady. I doubt Athena will want to be a flower girl as a college sophomore.
And Chris.. wow... just... wow.
I may or may not have heard tales of the post-wedding celebration.
Wish we could have been there!
=) Diane
I'm totally diggin' the 70's pornstar thing. Love it!
Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Post a Comment