After dark, our backyard is lately filled with frogs rustling in the bushes and hopping across the grass. So freshly bathed and dressed in pajamas and sneakers, Daddy and the girls tiptoed out with flashlights to see if they could catch a couple of these creatures.
It is purely a catch, observe, name and then release sport. And, we caught two last night and named them "Pickles" and "Pickles' Sister." We also took their photos for scientific purposes but when they started secreting goo because they were terrified, we let them go. We'll probably catch them again tomorrow.
At our house, even though we are 3/5 girls,
frogs are not icky, but cool.
(but I'm still not going to touch one.)
frogs are not icky, but cool.
(but I'm still not going to touch one.)
7 comments:
That jar makes it look so much bigger! ribbit
Some traditions never die!
That is so neat! I wish we had frogs.
Must sound good at night! Glad they were small and friendly....
My cousins and I used to do the same thing in my grandma and grandpas back yard. To this day, I have no problem picking up frogs with my bare hands, lol.
Very cool!
How fun is that?! Well, fun as long as no one is expecting ME to hold one!
Post a Comment