There's a "wee" in Halloween for a reason, it's just so much fun! We had a relaxing day hanging out at home, watching movies and listening to Halloweeen music.
Athena learned how to do the Time Warp.

And we baked some very special cookies.

I made a lovely potato soup for dinner that was cooking on the stove all day. After dinner, around six or so, we started to get ready to go Trick-or-Treating. Zoe wanted to be Cinderella, her third costume if anyone is counting. Athena was once again a Greek Princess - that costume is really worn at this point.
Because it was a "special" dress up day.
I put a tiny bit of makeup on the girls.
They were both soooo excited.

And away they went. The Dude and I stayed home to man the fort, while Chris took the girls around the neighborhood. We have the BEST neighborhood for Trick-or-Treating. Quiet streets with lots of small kids (not too many teenagers) participating.

Afterward we routed through the spoils taking out anything sticky or yucky or peanuty.
The things that were not deemed appropriate (and that Chris did not eat) were thrown back into our candy bowl and redistributed to late Trick or Treaters (he he he).

It was really out of character for Zoe to be Cinderella. That's usually Athena's favorite role. But keeping with her personality, she was a
crazy Cinderella, spinning and spinning and spinning like mad and then collapsing on the floor and waiting for her prince to kiss her.

What a fun day which is extra special this year because it is followed by MY favorite day of the year, Day Lights Savings, so far I've slept in, blogged and it's still only 8:14!! What have you done with your extra hour today?
7 comments:
I love it! Great pics!
I also have been enjoying my extra hour. The kids are dressed, I'm dressed, we've eaten, AND I am catching up on blogs!
Looks like the girls had a blast! And love the spinning and waiting for her prince to kiss her.....so cute!
And as for the extra hour. I don't feel like we had it since we had to be at a football tournament that was 30 minutes away at 9:00 in the morning. That extra hour really helped us get out the house without strangling each other!
Fun times, for sure. We also sent stuff we wouldn't eat back out with trick or treaters knocking at our door. Shhh! Tootsie rolls are just no fun. And we kept the peanutty stuff to tease me since *I* can't eat them with nursing Autumn. Everyone else gets to. Boo.
Such fun......heaven with all that dress up and candy I am sure! LOVED the picture of Zoe on the floor....truly like a painting!
LOVE that last picture - so sweet!
We had to give out all our nut-contaminated stuff, too. I love nut-contaminated candy...this nut allergy is no fun! LOL.
Cute kiddos you've got there.
Glad you guys had a fun Halloween. We were not on the ball enough to redistribute the yucky candy...I need to remember that for next year.
My extra hour was spent sleeping. It was BLISS!
Post a Comment