For decorating eggs this year we got extra crafty and created a beautiful Easter egg tree with our visiting friends. Credit goes to Martha Stewart for the idea, who makes everything seem so easy, but, you really have to have alot of time on your hands to do this kind of thing. The multi-step project took a full 24 hours to see it to the end.
No Paas kit for us, we used real food coloring and made interesting new colors, like combining blue and green to make "turquoise" and pink and green to make "apricot," extra drops of purple helped us achieve a deep and pleasing lavender.
for special "sunset" and "tie-dyed" effects.
I had the tricky job of gluing the ribbons to the eggs, which we left overnight to dry.
Then, first thing in the morning, while still in our jammies, we decorated our "tree."
Then, first thing in the morning, while still in our jammies, we decorated our "tree."
'cause it looks really awesome in my dining room.

4 comments:
What a cute idea! I think you should keep the tree up for a while and appreciate your hard work!
Wow...last time i blew eggs I was like 5 years old...and I remember how hard it was. I am so impressed. They look awesome. Wish I was more "Martha Stewart"-like.
Martha S would be proud....I think they look lovely.....maybe they can be "spring eggs" and stay up for a while!
Looks awesome...but not something I have the time/patience for!
Post a Comment