Monday, July 19, 2010

Adventure Book

This morning Athena announced that she now has an "Adventure Book" in which she plans to keep a pictorial diary of all her adventures.The first entry is this weekend's trip to the Bay Area visiting our besties, Alaine, Ian, Delphine and Sophie.
Chris had plans for a weekend furlough, visiting Corey and seeing a Giants game. We tagged along for the ride, opting to spend the weekend without Chris in Berkeley rather than alone in hot Bakersfield.
We always have an amazing time visiting our friends. Alaine has been my best friend since we were 14 (and that is too many years to count) and Sophie and Athena were born two weeks apart.
With Chris at play, we took the kids to the California Academy of Sciences, an awesome museum that takes you on a journey from the bottom of a rain forest, up to the tops of the trees where butterflies reign, and then down an elevator to an aquarium below.
Up another elevator and you are on the green roof, which basically represents the turf that was uprooted to build the museum, thus diminishing its "footprint." So kewl...we highly recommend the trip.
We did a bunch of other stuff too, but I hardly took any pictures at all, too busy chatting and enjoying...except I did manage this cute one of my Dude looking like a big kid.
I suppose its a good thing Athena will now be drawing out all our adventures since obviously I can't be counted to to chronicle them.

Now onto our next adventure...New York!!

2 comments:

~aj~ said...

Love Athena's creativity. A future blogger in the making!

Kyla said...

I totally agree with AJ! Athena will be blogging in no time!