Part of the reason why we travelled cross country with three small children is that I work here. I happen to work for one of the most picturesque Shakespeare Festivals in the history of Shakespeare Festivals overlooking the banks of the Hudson River. Even though I live across the country in California, I only really need to show my face a couple times a year and can telecommute the remainder.

This year the girls came to see the performance tent before the grounds were open to the public.

Its the ultimate playground, wide expanses of lush grassy fields to run and run, on the grounds of an historic mansion with a rose garden, apple orchard and fountains.

The girls enjoyed watching fight call for Troilus and Cressida.

Moments before they were performing their own play on the earthen stage

and charming the house management staff with their antics.

Zoe made it very clear she did not
ever want to leave.
They are still waaaay to young to attend an actual production, but I like that they're getting a behind the scenes familiarity with the theater - a place I've always felt at home.
2 comments:
How old do you have to be to attend? I thought no babies was the only requirement. Zoe's grumpy face is priceless. She is hysterical!
What a neat experience for them!
Post a Comment