Ever since Josh and Heidi's wedding last summer, Athena has dreamed of being a flower girl. She practices by pulling the petals off my roses and scattering them about the backyard, seriously...
I have pictures...
(picture taken in April 2010)
I have pictures...
So when Chris' cousin Stephanie said she had something to ask the girls at her engagement party over the weekend, we were so excited! Stephanie gave the girls lovely little flower necklaces, adorable flower girl tote bags and books and very sweetly asked if they would be a part of her wedding - and Athena's eyes nearly popped out of her head.
She is now at school, wearing her flower necklace, and telling everyone who'll listen that she is going to be a flower girl!!! Zoe is quite pleased as well and as we were leaving the party just yelled into the night air "I'm going to be a flower girl, I'm so excited!"
Yesterday we read the books and looked at dresses on line (their taste seems to lean towards the long flowing dress-with-veil-mini-bride flower girl ensembles rather than the cute-tulle-and-colored sash look I was talking up). It's going to be so much fun to have the girls (and the Dude, too) be a part of Stephanie and Kevin's wedding next year.
Now we just have to wait a whole year!
Flower girls extraordinaire and the ring bearer, Jack, practicing his pose.
Is that "blue steel" or "magnum" (or "ferrari") ?
2 comments:
How neat for them! A whole year, though? Are they going to survive the wait? LOL.
If anyone knows flower girls, it's Stephanie...she was MY flowergirl!!! Congratulations Athena and Zoe! We can't wait to see you fulfilling your duties!
=) Diane
Post a Comment