7:55 am - After waving "Bah-Bay!" to Athena and Daddy, our little Dude begins his day with a breakfast of milk, apples, bananas and vanilla yogurt. The milk is devoured, bananas appreciated and apples thrown on the floor. He drops his spoon and the yogurt becomes finger food.
8:44 am - Wiped down (but still slightly sticky) he tears apart the pantry. Ripping the straws off his sister's juice boxes is the most fun. Proof that third babies do get away with murder.
9:01 am - Spent some time digging through a toy box.
9:22 am - Dressed for the day, the Dude plays with his Lil' People bus in the hallway while I start some laundry and make beds.
9:32 am - Gravity is fun.
9:37 am - However its much more fun to play on the bed that has just been made.
9:42 am - When playing on the bed, head bonks are inevitable and par for the course. Big sister, Zoe offers some comfort.
9:43 am - Head bonk is quickly forgotten and he's off to bang his bicycle against the door frame.9:59 am - The Dude is found putting his sisters' headbands under water after I made the mistake of leaving him alone for a few minutes.

10:42 am - At his 18 month old well baby visit, Jack is unfazed by the poking and prodding. He takes two vaccinations without a peep. He weighs in at 30 pounds 4 ounces and is exactly 36 inches. That puts him off the charts in height - as tall as an average three year old, yet only five pounds more than a typical 18 month old - yep, tall and skinny. The Doctor confirms him to be "perfect in every way."
11:37 am - Crashed out and drooling, he will not wake up again until after 2 pm.
* Our little Dude in now 18 months old. That's incredibly big. I spent part of yesterday looking at pictures of him as a teeny tiny babe and wondering where the time went. This is an attempt to mark time, to say this is where it went, this is what he was doing everyday when he was just a wee little Dude, because before you know it...
7 comments:
I'm 27 and I still bonk my head, enjoy wetting my sisters things, nap drool and never cease to be amazed at the effect of gravity.
I loved this!!
Dalton's 3 year stats: 27.75 pounds and 37 3/4"! DUDE IS BIG! I'm impressed.
This was a fun post. I was thinking I was due for a "day in the life" kind of post but I'm really appreciating your "morning" with just a single kid version.
Very cute! And yes, he is BIG! My Ian weighs 28 lbs on a good day. Granted, he's a bit slim. He's also going to be 3 next month.
I love the post! Very cute!
Um, I think he's the exact same size as Abby, and, she's 3 1/2 . . .
Lovely to follow a day in Dude's life....also can confirm Stuart's comments pretty much from 18 months to when he left home....after that mostly hearsay! lol
Um...36 inches! WOW!
And you make beds?...Double WOW! - I gave up making beds like 5 years ago...
Post a Comment