Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Picture Days

Photobucket
So was the curse actually lifted? With the help of the collective memory of friends and family, I actually remembered to a) dress and b) prepare my children for picture day so there were no sad, disheveled and surprised pictures like last year.

Friends reminded me on Facebook, Stu texted, Mom nagged (repeatedly) and Robert, oh Robert, created a Facebook event for me and even provided the visual reminder above which I think finally did the trick.
Photobucket
Picture days (emphasis on dayzzz) was not without its hiccups. Although I had Athena, Zoe and Jack dressed and prepared for their respective individual and class picture days. I failed to present the prepared envelope with payment prior to the individual picture day for Jack's class AND, as I learned, they don't just take individual pictures of all the squirmy babies (Jack's class is the last in this category) only the ones whose parents have told them they will pay for the pictures prior to the picture taking. So Jack, although a part of his class picture, did not get individually photographed in his cute aqua blue polo and plaid short ensemble.

Instead, the teacher informed me as I offered the payment envelope two days late, we could do a make up picture, today. I looked down at Jack smiling up at me, the one day I let him dress himself and he was wearing a Giants tee shirt and matching Giants hat. "Do you want to take a make up picture?" the teacher asked. "Sure." I said. "With the hat?" "Oh why not."

When I told Chris what had happened he had one word..."Awesome."

So, Grandparents, when you get the trio of wallet sized photos of Athena in her favorite pink polka dot dress, Zoe in a fancy white frilly top and matching purple flower headband and Jack beaming from underneath the brim of a black and orange baseball cap, now you know why. Sigh.

3 comments:

Robert said...

I'm beanspeak famous! YAHOO!

Kyla said...

Haha! 2/3 ain't bad, right?

Katie said...

I want want wallet pics too!!!