As is the custom in our family, Chris is the "Bather" whereas I am the "Feeder" (aka "Lunch Lady") and tonight was John Patrick's first home bath ala Daddy.
After the third child, the newborn bath is totally ingrained in our routine and we've pretty much got it down. I remember Athena's first bath, Chris was so nervous and afraid to get her wet, that he would squeeze all the water out of the washcloth and just kind of dab her with the damp cloth. With John Patrick, Chris probably could have been blindfolded.
As Chris was bathing the girls, I set up the stuff for John Patrick's bath. Chris didn't even need to tell me what he wanted just said "You know what I need?" and I said "Yep" and laid out the towel, sponge bed, two washcloths, bowl of warm soapy water, q-tips, etc. The only difference this time was our two fascinated onlookers (well, that and having to hold a clean diaper over John Patrick's "bits").
He was pretty calm throughout and he really, really liked it when Chris put his head under the warm water to rinse off the shampoo. His little head is even softer and sweeter now.

5 comments:
Awwwwwww, so precious. I love that Chris is the bather and you're the feeder.
You guys are doing so great! I am so happy, (and slightly jealous!) Oh, how we would love to have a little boy to balance out the estrogen in this house . . . maybe someday. Congratulations, he is gorgeous. Do I see a resemblance to Athena?
Awww! The pics I have of K's first bath, she is screaming her head off. BubTar didn't mind his, though!
So sweet - love the pictures!
That is pretty adorable ms feeder. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly!
Post a Comment