Monday, March 16, 2009

One week later...

Having a third child means you know all too well that babies quickly grow into busy little children with minds of their own. That snuggling your tiny little baby is a temporary joy. Of course every age is wonderful and I watch with lovesick eyes all three of my children in their different stages. But, oh my God, do I love having a baby. I almost forgot the loveliness of the constant cuddling, the feeling of a deeply sleeping baby on your chest, the soft fuzzy head, the baby smell of milk and powder, the little breathing sounds, the odd squeaks and coos. I am drinking it in because I know how quickly it will change forever.

For a million more photos click here.

11 comments:

Kyla said...

So sweet! He's a cutie.

Laura and Corey said...

the picture of you two is so sweet. im so happy for you!

Allison said...

Ok Julie, this is KILLING me. It's settled, I need one more. Luckily my brother and his wife are expecting their first in April . . . and it's a boy!

Anonymous said...

Ok so that post almost (ALMOST) makes me want to have another one!

Becky said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable. Your description is almost enough to make me want another. Good thing my husband doesn't read your blog, he would take me up on it!!

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

it does pass way to quickly. Enjoy these moments with your new little guy and the admiration of your sweet girls. It will be all too soon that they will be yelling at each other :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, you put into words EXACTLY what I feel! You're so right. My third is now 18 months and I have an extra appreciation for each stage she goes though...you will with that sweet baby boy too.

Anonymous said...

Ohh Julie . . . You're making my uterus hurt . . . Suck it ALL in while it lasts!

sheree said...

don't you DARE give me newborn fever, lol!

Precious boy!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures - he is just a doll. And you are so right to be enjoying each second. Sweet, sweet.

~aj~ said...

He is just too precious for words. Soak it all up, mama. It's such a special time!