One of the best things about living in California is getting to participate in all Chris' family functions. I know Chris is thrilled to be a regular part of the clan again and I love that the girls are experiencing the fun of this big extended family.
A longstanding family tradition has been to converge at Aunt Barb's and Uncle Ron's every July 4th, eat copious amounts of delicious food, watch fireworks and play with sparklers long past the usual bedtime. This is the second year we've been able to attend and we had a great time again.
The girls were beyond exhausted after a long day of following their cousin Andre around, eating cookies, playing corn toss and watching sparklers burn. The little dude was held the entire day, handed from relative to relative (stopping frequently in Andrea's arms), and had napped so much by the end of the day that he didn't go to sleep until midnight.
Chillin' with Granddadio and waiting for dark.
Athena really enjoyed the corn toss game.
Uncle Ron handing out the sparklers.
Going against basic parental instincts, we told our children
to run into the street with things lit on fire.
A time honored tradition of writing your name on the street with a sparkler.
Oooh. Aaah. Watching the fireworks.
4 comments:
how fun! I love being around family for holidays and events...so fun!
we love having you guys around! athena and zoe just make everything more fun. and holding little dude made my arms go numb but it was totally worth it.
Hey, I see Brian, whom I have not seen in over a week! Thanks Julie! I wish we could have been there, too!
Hey I like what you've done with the blog...makes me want to update mine!
And I can't believe that JP is four months old!!! He's so adorable.
Post a Comment