What is with the ears in this family?
I took John Patrick in for his 4 month well baby visit, clutching the delayed vaccination schedule I carefully researched and was prepared to defend, and discovered he has bilateral ear infections and bronchitis.
I saw no warning signs, no red flags and was totally floored. Looking back I suppose he has been fussier than usual, a little bit congested, and he has woken up once or twice during the night where he usually sleeps through but other than that totally fine, completely himself. No fever. No ear tugging. No constant crying. No usual symptoms.
His pediatrician is concerned that he has his first ear infection already, and in the month of July, and said "We'll have to watch him." Uh, yea. I'm going to have to watch him quite a bit better it seems.
(We leave for New York in three days. Come on Amoxocillian, do your stuff.)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
No shots for me, Mom!
Posted by
Julie
at
9:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awww, poor little fella. Don't beat yourself up, Mama...sooooooooo many parents don't know about the EIs till the doctor tells them. But I do hope that he gets all better before flying.
this type always pops at the most inconvenient times. Ugh.
Fingers crossed for you guys!
Poor guy! At least you know he is a trooper!
Aww, I'm sure the little guy will come back fine. Have a safe flight!
Post a Comment