Saturday, August 21, 2010

Apertures, ISOs and WBs, oh my!

Photobucket
I'm attempting to learn more about my new camera so that I can veer off the AUTO setting into more challenging territory. I've spent some time researching on this fun website. As a member of the "point and click" world, I had no idea there would be so much to learn. I like it though. In fact, I love it.

It even made our accidental trip to John's 'Awful' Pizza* bearable as I played with some settings to see what kind of images I could get. Most didn't work, but I kind of liked the movement of this one.

* We didn't mean to go there tonight, we meant to go bowling but the awesome bowling lane was closed for a private party and the other nearby one smelled like beer and cigarettes, so in order to stop a 'mini meltdown' (get it?) we subdued with a trip to this wretched place. Chris thought the shared food buffet was a petri dish of other peoples germs, it was terribly expensive, loud, disconcerting and full of so many examples of negligent parents. The kids loved it, of course.

4 comments:

Stu said...

We need to get you a mini tripod, those settings will work wonders if the camera isn't shaking. Have fun!

Kristin said...

I've had my camera since April, I think and that stuff STILL isn't second nature to me. I miss a lot of shots and screw up others but that's sooooo the beauty of digital that you can just play around so much...can you imagine trying to learn all this stuff in the film days? Cha-ching!

Kyla said...

Yeah, I need to learn that stuff, too. I play around with it with little to no knowledge of what I'm doing...but I'm lucky to remember to pull my camera out at all most days, which is why it will always be just a hobby for me.

Anonymous said...

I think you're doing an amazing job with your new camera. This photo is artsy and fabulous and so many of your others are really special. You're clearly a natural!