Monday, August 2, 2010

Dollhouse

Still in NY, we dug out and dusted off my 30-year old dollhouse for the girls to enjoy this week. It's amazing for me to be reunited with all the little furniture that I collected for years. Each piece has a story and represents saved allowances and travels through Europe. It took all my maturity not to elbow the girls out of the way and tell them exactly where everything is suppose to go.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Haha! I loved the last line. So glad they are getting to enjoy something that was so special to you.

DIANE said...

Oh Julie, I SO get you!!!

(This is coming from a mom who used to make sure each pirate and knight was in its CORRECT place on Brian's Fischer Price ship and castle before he went to bed when he was a wee lad.)

Whew...I feel better just thinking about it! =)