He's a little Dude of few words, but he's getting there. At this age, Zoe had over 50 words and was speaking in full sentences and I remember Athena also communicating constantly, but this Dude is taking his time with his language skills - in a very dude-like fashion. Right now his everyday vocabulary consists of:
"Mama" - the baby "Aloha" which means many things besides just "Mommy" - depending on the inflection and hand motions, it can also mean: I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm awake, I want milk, Pick me up, Where are you? Give me that right away! Please? and Why won't you do what I ask of you!
"Dada" - Chris
"Nye-Nye" - or "Night-Night" probably his first official word outside of "Mama" and "Dada" - the Dude likes his naps
"Ba-bay" - said while waving "Goodbye"
"Nah" - usually said repeatedly in response to the question "Are you ready to get out of the bath?"
"Go!" - As in "Let's go!" usually said while running to the garage door and trying to open it
"Baw" - usually said while throwing a ball at your head or reaching for the wall of balls at Walmart (although we try to avoid that aisle).
"Cah" - said in reference to one of the many Hot Wheels found on the floor, in the pantry, under the couch or in the couch cushions.
"Me" - said when pointing to himself when he wants to have something, but can also sometimes mean "milk"
"Bay-baw" - he has less than ten words and one of them is "baseball" - he has said this word several times now, usually while pointing at a Giants game on t.v. (causing his father's heart to swell with pride)
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Baws, Cahs, and bay-baw...what a guy!
Brian didn't have to speak much because Hayley did all the talking for him! I suspect the Dude may have the same.....assistance?! =)
Post a Comment