I wrote a whole post about how great Zoe is doing and Blogger ate it.
It went something like this...
Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and emails, Facebook posts and blogger comments, your support has really helped us through this stressful time. We've had alot of requests about how Zoe is doing and I have just one word...fantastic.After a few stumbling blocks at the beginning, the road to recovery has been actually quite short. I cleared a week off our schedules to keep her quiet at home, but other than a deep scab on her lip, its unbelievable she had surgery just a few short days ago.
The day of surgery, she was an exhausted and compliant patient, dutifully taking her pain medicine and sleeping on and off. The next day she woke up angry. She refused to speak to either of us, even nod or shake her head. She refused her medicine, water, food, practically everything I offered her. Just stared at me with a furrowed brow and huge eyes and giving me the silent treatment.
Her main complaint was a debilitating sore throat, from the intubation, so sore she wouldn't swallow anything, so, eating and drinking and talking have been a challenge. We allowed her a constant diet of Jello and Gogurts and ice cream for breakfast. Everyday it has gotten better and today was the first day she ate normally, with only a few complaints about not being able to finish her vegetables, milking it.
The time of coddling is over lest she start to become insecure. And with perfect timing, Uncle Stu arrives for a visit.
Zoe is all smiles and joy. Its wonderful to see her so happy again.
(That was the gist of the original post, but I can't help thinking I wrote it better the first time...)
2 comments:
Thank you for the wonderful weekend Julie, I was so glad I could be there for Super Z
So glad she is doing well!!
Post a Comment