Zoe's lip reconstruction surgery is tomorrow at 9:30 am. Please pray for her. And calling all guardian angels, we need you to be with us every step of the way. Please comfort her and if you got time I could use some comfort too.
I'm working on staying in a place of calmness, faking it as best I can. Luckily, I have a Chris by my side and Chris' are excellent in intense situations.
So far, its been lovely, actually. We checked into a hotel close to the surgical clinic, had dinner and took Zoe to Target to spoil her with all sorts of bribery toys. Mimi is holding down the fort in Bakersfield.

The luxury of having only one child to lavish our attention on is not lost on any of us. Zoe is truly enjoying her moment in the sun, although she does miss her siblings and even secretly packed a picture of her and Athena, so that she could look at it in case she missed her big sister.
The luxury of having only one child to lavish our attention on is not lost on any of us. Zoe is truly enjoying her moment in the sun, although she does miss her siblings and even secretly packed a picture of her and Athena, so that she could look at it in case she missed her big sister.
Tonight, I'm concerned about all sorts of things. Fearful. But this was always the plan -
a second surgery "before school age" and "in the summer of 2011" which all sounded very far away when we made this plan. And now the day is here.

I know it's all part of her progression, but I love her face as it is, her scar is a part of her and it's weird to think of her looking any other way. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her beautiful face today, and yes, that is Moon Dough on her nose.
I just have to have faith that its all part of God's plan and all will be well.
Praying helps.

"Dear God, thank you for this wonderful child.
Please look over my sweet Zoe tomorrow.
Please comfort her and guide the Doctor's hand.
And please bring her back safely and quickly into my arms."
a second surgery "before school age" and "in the summer of 2011" which all sounded very far away when we made this plan. And now the day is here.
I know it's all part of her progression, but I love her face as it is, her scar is a part of her and it's weird to think of her looking any other way. I couldn't stop taking pictures of her beautiful face today, and yes, that is Moon Dough on her nose.
I just have to have faith that its all part of God's plan and all will be well.
Praying helps.
"Dear God, thank you for this wonderful child.
Please look over my sweet Zoe tomorrow.
Please comfort her and guide the Doctor's hand.
And please bring her back safely and quickly into my arms."
4 comments:
Lots of love to you all! This will be over in no time.
Wow. I am watching my little baby girl sleep right now after just having her first cleft surgery. She had her lip repaired today and I can't stop staring at her. I had been checking your blog a lot before this day because I wanted to know more of what to expect. I think Zoe is absolutely beautiful! She is an inspiration to my little daughter Hope. Thank you for posting this, as I could completely relate today. They are surgery sisters today!
I'm so glad it all went well. Zoe is and always has been such a beauty, not just through your mama eyes, but to everyone!
I can so relate to you! Especially your comments about loving her smile the way it is. I have been through those feelings with both surgeries. Even when James went in for his first, I remember thinking how much I loved his extra large smile!!! And having little fears of "What if . . . " just for cosmetic purposes, because in his case, he would have been physically healthy without the repair. I had to remind myself that his social and emotional health was important, too. So glad you are through the second surgery. She is such a beautiful little girl!!!! And you are a GREAT mom!!!
Post a Comment