Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Twelfth Post of Christmas

There are so many Christmassy things going on right now I don't even know where to begin. And there's even more on the schedule, practically every day. So I'm going to post the Twelve Posts of Christmas leading up to the big day...just twelve days away, by the way.

On the twelfth post of Christmas, I give you Zoe and Jack's preschool Christmas concert. It was 41 minutes of total cutenesss that I will not forget, attended by close to 800 people and throngs of papparazzi.

Mimi came down for the event and Athena attached herself to her.
Isn't this a lovely picture...I could fill a book
with the beautiful pictures I have of Mimi and the babes.
Zoe and her BFF, Aubs, got ready for their stage debut.
We left them in their classrooms and then went to find our seats.
Zoe did a darling and remarkable job singing and signing the song "Mary, Did you know."
Then Jack appeared as an angel stomping and
jumping to the tune of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies" wearing one of his sisters old turtle necks. It was so, so fun and he ended it with a great "ta da" move
of arms outstreched and jazz hands that had me in tears.
Can I just take one moment to point out the other children on stage.
See that sweet little thing to the left of Jack, that is a normal sized 2 and 1/2 year old,
and my humungo baby next to her. Normal size...Humungo.

I had to elbow a few paparazzi to get close enough for this money shot. Unfortunately, Jack's out of focus, but check out that little guy to the right, he is totally rocking this look.
Zoe and her latest boyfriend, Vinny.

After the performances we collected our little ones, fighting the the throngs of people all trying to snap pictures and find their children. The kids did so great, and were so beautiful, this was a proud, special Momma moment for me.

Back at home, I tried to bribe them with candy canes to sit, just for one second, not make a face, don't touch your sister and look at me...look at me! But, this is what I got. Chris thinks this should be our Christmas card picture as it captures the pure chaos we call home.
Ah, the magic of the season!

3 comments:

Stu said...

I for one would love this as a Christmas Card, preferably with more sugar induced chaos if possible. See you all soon!

Kyla said...

Such cuties!!

I love those baby glasses, BTW. I'm a sucker for a baby/toddler in glasses. :)

Mormor Helene said...

Love that you take the time to share all these special moments with us. I know it is chaos and hard sometimes, but it is lovely to see!! Love you all.