Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekend Pass

My darling husband (who I love and adore) offered to watch the babes while I took off for the weekend to have some fun. It was Miranda's 40th, so Mimi and I drove to Saratoga Springs and had a wonderful time with the birthday girl and Sarah and Jonathan. We started the day with some cross country skiing, then hot tubbing and rounding out the evening with a fantastic meal and lots of wine. So rejuvenating to spend time with good friends.

As nice as it was to get away, it was nicer still to come home. I opened the door to choruses of "Mommy" and soon had two little girls firmly attached to my knees. I was only gone for 36 hours, but I missed kissing their little heads and I have not stopped since coming home.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

How nice! And coming home is the best, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That is better than "No Mommy" when I walk into my mom's or dad's house to pick Joseph up! LOL!

~aj~ said...

What a wonderful weekend! Your husband gets a gold star, for sure!