Monday, June 23, 2008

Cinder-bear

Athena achieved her brass ring this weekend. She reached the ultimate prize for a certain, uh "consistency" in the potty arena. This brass ring has been held in front of her for more than a month now and was finally cashed in - a much anticipated trip to Build-A-Bear.

The kind folks at Build-A-Bear really know what they are doing and seem to have cornered the market on creating special friends for three-year-olds with active imaginations. If you are not familiar with it, the process starts with choosing your friend, then you must decide if it is a girl or boy, sew a magical heart into the stuffing, fluff and wash, pick an outfit (including underwear, accessories and shoes), create a birth certificate...and $50 or so later, voila, instant best friend.

Athena, of course, chose Cinderella attire - ballgown and glass slippers - and "Cinderbear" was born. Since then, Cinderbear has become a constant companion who is currently sleeping with Athena in a borrowed nightshirt (I see another trip in our future for more wardrobe options). At night, Athena carefully undresses her, puts her ballgown on a hanger and shoes in the closet, brushes her teeth and tucks the bear into her bed. Cinderbear has also gone to the park, colored with Athena and been fed an excessive amount of goldfish crackers (bears like fish, I am told). And this is Day Two.

I think we have a new addition to the family.

8 comments:

Kyla said...

Awwww! KayTar just loves stuffed animals. She keeps about 30 of them at the foot of her bed and we never know which one will be called in for cuddling. LOL. Her blankey is a constant though.

Kristin said...

Way cute. Easton is not as fond of his "Jaques" the jock bear as Athena is of Cinderbear. Oh well.

Yay for the consistency!

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea the price of Build-a-Bears. But I guess I do now and may see a trip in the future now with a girl.

But great job Athena for getting the brass ring.

Anonymous said...

Build A Bear was what worked for us!
I look at it as the cost of one or two more boxes of diapers!

Love, Cori, Kate and Luke

DIANE said...

Yay Athena!!!

~aj~ said...

Yay Athena! That is quite an achievement!

I think the love of Build A Bear must be a female thing. Adam was so excited to make Froggy the Frog and loved on it like crazy on Day 1. That was a year ago and I don't know if he's played with it since. Too busy with tractors, I guess. :)

Mandalynn said...

Yay for her! I'm really excited for you(and a bit jealous, I'll admit).