Monday, June 2, 2008

New School

Both Athena and Zoe started new schools today. Athena will be attending three full days per week and Zoe three mornings on the same days, but at different schools. Zoe cried bitterly when we dropped Athena off at her new school. She wanted to stay, but she is still too little for preschool.

They say Zoe did well at her daycare center although she was crying when I picked her up ("Mommy, hold me, hold me, hold me!"). I quickly got her home, wrapped her in her favorite blanket and snuggled with her until she got sleepy, which wasn't long considering she was exhausted from the events of her busy morning.

This new routine will allow me 18 childless hours a week to focus on work! Plus, there is room for lots of Zoe snuggle time sans big sister. For now I think it will work really well, but the trouble with schedules and children is that they are in a constant state of flux.

Here's Athena all dressed up for her first day at her new school:

The girls checked out what will be Athena's new classroom, while I signed papers.
Zoe jumped right in when we got her to her new "school",

and had a good time, although I'm sure she would have rather spent her morning getting messy in Yiayia's backyard (like she did two weeks ago)...

6 comments:

Stu said...

Very cute, Zoe's going to school already!??! wow. Did you guys travel forward in time when you went to California? :D

love ya, sounds fun, see ya soon!

Kristin said...

Wow, it seems like you just got there.

But I'm glad they're having fun at their new schools.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going smoothly. I hope they have lots of new friends and adjust well.

~aj~ said...

Sometimes I think kids their age adjust to big changes better than us adults do.

Hope they love their new schools!

I think it's so sweet you and Zoe are going to have special time, just the two of you.

DIANE said...

Oh my goodness! I just melt when I see the "first day of school" outfits! It looks like everything is going well!

Much love, Diane

Anonymous said...

Sweet girls - great pictures! I have to ask - what work do you do that is so flexible? Jen