Friday, June 20, 2008

The Return of Unca Stu

Unca Stu swang by for a quick visit to reclaim the hearts of his two favorite nieces. There's been lots of squeals and giggles since he walked through our door this morning. Even though Stu was coming off a four day business trip in Vegas, baby, Vegas and not much sleep, the mean sister that I am, I planned a trip to a local farm to pick some fruits and vegetables. In no time, Stu was covered in girls in the blazing heat, pulling a wagon and searching for berries.

Gathering berries, although seemingly an idyllic pastime, was not that easy. The blueberry bushes were really picked over and the ones we did manage to find were quickly eaten by the little one in the wagon. She fed a couple to me and I realized she was on to something - fresh blueberries warmed by the sun are quite tasty.
It was pretty hot and getting hotter. We couldn't find the strawberries, the peaches weren't quite ripe and although the blackberries were ripe, who eats blackberries?
As everyone was beginning to get pink, flushed and dehydrated, we made a break for it and ran back to the main store to purchase some fruits and veggies so we wouldn't go home empty handed. We bought delicious cherries, heirloom tomatoes, yummy nectarines, strawberries, zucchini, avocados, and lots and lots of blueberries. Plus a peach pie. Hmm, maybe we were shopping hungry? So, we went to get something to eat. Unca Stu even makes restaurants fun and is just plain awesome to have around.

6 comments:

Stu said...

Zoe will now leave a comment: "apZAksklllllllllllllllnkoZLaaaaa"

My thoughts exactly.

Kristin said...

Oh I've been missing him. :)

Our berry patch farm is all empty right now due to a late freeze. Your berries look amazing. I'm drooling over all you got.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Unca Stu. All those fruits sound so yummy.

I bet the girls were so happy to see him.

Kyla said...

Yay! I'm so glad he came to visit!

~aj~ said...

Even I have missed Uncle Stu!

Sounds like a great visit. I'm sure he doesn't want to leave.

Anonymous said...

How lucky to have all of that fresh produce so close! I'm jealous :)