Monday, November 10, 2008

Total Insanity


We've been a little crazy lately what with moving in, not moving in, painting, unpacking boxes, working, going to school, trying to keep a semblance of normal and dying for the day we can actually live in our new house!! The movers dumped all of our stuff at the house on Saturday and we are slowly going through it while painting a few key areas of the house and still living at our temporary apartment.

We're hoping to actually move in on Friday? Saturday? We extended our stay at the apartment a couple of days so that we can finish this endless painting project. It's been a little bit crazy. Plus, I'm running around so much during the day that the only time I can actually work is when the girls are in bed, which cuts into my precious blogging time!

But the house is gorgeous, the girls love running around the hallways, exploring the backyard and playing with all the new light switches. I told them that we would soon be moving into our new, beautiful house and wouldn't that be nice? Athena said "We're leaving California?" Uh no. The apartment is not called Calfornia.

The reunion with all our stuff has been really amusing. Each toy box we open is met with squeals of delight and "Oh my (insert name of object here)! It missed me so much!" I, for one, am happy to be reunited with my maternity jeans. Ahhhh.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, pants that fit are always appreciated! Glad to hear things are moving along! We still need an updated belly pic!!

Stu said...

You mean, you're not running down the hallways squealing in delight too? I hope you have a smooth next couple of days, look forward to plenty of news.

Anonymous said...

So wonderful that everyone loves the new house! Hope you get in and settled very soon. And congratulations on being reunited with your maternity jeans :)

Kyla said...

Can't wait until you guys are moved in and settled. It will be such a relief!

Allison said...

I'm happy to have an update! YAY! Sounds like everything will slowly but surely settle down soon. It's a very exciting time for the girls, so sweet! I can just imagine what it must be like. Best wishes as you get the moving/painting/unpacking/just living, under wraps!

Allison

Kristin said...

I've been missing seeing you around but I more than understand. Moving while pregnant was no small feat for me, and that was when I only had the one kid--in my belly!

Can't wait to see it and for you all to get settled.

~aj~ said...

Oh, glorious glorious maternity jeans. Couldn't have lived without mine.

Good luck getting all settled in. A ton of work, but such a fun adventure!

mom said...

Can't wait to see my girls. Miss them so much. Hope they remember me. See you in 6 weeks.
Love

Andrea said...

CUTE! Hope the unpacking goes smoothly!!
and you've been TAGGED(when you have a free moment of course. lol)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I LOVE the picture on this post!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the unpacking and getting settled! I know how great that feeling is to FINALLY be in your new house! Temporary apt. living with 2 kids is NOT fun! We had so much fun unpacking the toy boxes too and finding old toys that seemed new after being boxed up for 2 months! Happy new home!! :)