We went trick or treating in our new neighborhood where our house is. Yes, we have the keys, the house was ours as of 6:00 this evening and the movers come at 8 am tomorrow!
Our neighborhood is the most picturesque spot for trick or treating; quiet streets with groups of marauding halloweeners and multiple houses decorated with festive spider webs, orange lights and jack o'lanterns.
The girls loved it, I loved it. They were not shy at all and marched right up to each door. Zoe even walked into a few houses. And then when we walked away, she said incredulously "More candy?" like she couldn't believe people were actually opening doors just to give her candy.
We met some neighbors, there's a two year old little boy named Aiden living right next door who has teenage sisters!


I was so happy the Zoe actually wore her giraffe costume. We explained to her that that's why people were giving her candy. Earlier, she put on her costume for the Halloween parade at her school, but only for a little bit. Almost immediately after the parade, Athena helped her take it off. Athena, on the other hand, wants to wear her princess dress forever.

Friday, October 31, 2008
Trick or Treat
Posted by
Julie
at
6:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
They look so cute!!! Glad you guys got to trick or treat in YOUR neighborhood! Keys, hooray!!
thats adorable! I am so glad you guys are enjoying the neighborhood. Have fun with the move today!
Glad the girls both had fun! And the new neighborhood sounds great! Good luck with the move and hope you get settled soon. Just in time for the holidays!
Joseph had a blast, and then we went downtown for the Thriller street dance (we told Joseph it was a parade with people in silly costumes). It was disappointing - where we were located - they did not dance - just walked past us. We were upset that we spent an hour waiting to see that.
Sooooo cute!! Congrats on the house! Keys are precious metal!
Well, if I had a dress like that, I'd probably not want to take it off either ;) Athena looks gorgeous, and Zoe's just about the cutest giraffe I've ever seen.
I'm sooooo glad your neighborhood suits you, I hope you meet some wonderful people and find lots of playmates for the girls and for yourselves.
Adorable! Fun that you went in your new neighborhood! Good luck moving ... never fun.
Hey Julie,
Thanks for your response. I had considered that route, letting Ella choose after dinner, but then I realized I too, would be eating too much of it!
I hope all is well with the new house and the move. I know how stressful and exciting it can be, although I have not had the pleasure of being pregnant while moving!!!
Give those beautiful little girls a hug!
Post a Comment