Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Constant Companion

The other morning, after dropping the girls off at school*, I tried out a new yoga class at the gym. Upon returning home I laid the Dude down for a nap and immediately took a conference call. The call lasting the duration of Dude's morning nap and when he woke up I was still in my yoga clothes. He didn't seem to mind playing our the big bathtub while I rinsed off in the adjoining shower. We giggled at each other through the glass, until he figured out how to turn the water on.

* The girls are now going to school full-time, that's Monday through Friday. They started last week and I have mixed feeling about it. But I have finally admitted that I'm not a stay at home Mom that works, rather a working Mom that stays at home. It stings knowing they are just down the street when I working and snuggling the Dude. But the girls are thriving and the level of activity and stimulation they are experiencing can never be duplicated at home. It's all about finding balance and this feels like the right choice, for now.

1 comment:

Mormor Helene said...

aaah, enjoy the little dud. The big 6'5" dud is here, and I enjoy him....not in the tub though!