I keep meaning to post a blog entry, one where I write about the amazing weekend getaway Chris and I had to celebrate our 10th anniversary and how we rode bikes on the San Diego harbor and had great sushi and too much saki and slept in and got to see Flight of the Conchords live at the Hollywood Bowl, and another one where I tell everyone how amazing it is to have a Mimi who the girls look forward to "babysitting" them and who knows our routines so well it is just a seamless transition with no concern on our part at all (how rare is that?), and that I wanted to thank Mimi for taking care of the kids while we were away but she refused my promise of a pedicure at Walmart and how John Patrick thanked her for me by saying "Mimi" for the first time and giving her his first ever kiss right on the lips, and all the things that the kids and Mimi and Auntie Mariana did while we were away, like mess with John Patrick's hair and watch a bazillion 80's videos (apparently the Dude likes Duran Duran) and how they even managed to schedule a park play date where everyone jumped in the creek and take the girls to a bowling birthday party, and another about how it is officially summer here and the girls are only in school part-time now (which John Patrick loves) and how we get to do all sorts of fun things this summer as soon as I get around to planning them BUT I haven't written about any of these things because of a huge deadline looming over me and a new boss and other work pressures and with part-time child care and Zoe being sent home from school because of eczema (seriously, they thought it was contagious!) and John Patrick teething and my needing to catch up with laundry and cleaning and grocery shopping I just don't have the time to even breathe lately! Whew.
Life gets in the way of chronicling our life sometimes.
Here's some pictures.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Ketchup
Posted by
Julie
at
10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So nice to have you back. I missed those faces so much, I'am
counting the days & hours until you come in July
It seems like great time was had by all! Big and small!
At first I was like, "Hmm, this has NOTHING to do with ketchup..." Then my brain woke up. LOL.
Such cute photos! Glad you guys got away! We have that kind of connection with my mom, though, she contacts us pretty regularly with questions about K's meds and whatnot. We haven't ventured away for a weekend yet, though.
Dude! You saw Flight of the Concords LIVE! Was it so cool? What an awesome break. I envy you!
I love "ketchup" posts like this one. Fantabulous pictures, Julie!
Post a Comment