Ah lovely summer. The girls are down to three days of a "camp-like" preschool which they love - otter pops daily, water play and lots of theme parties. The other four days of the week find us doing all sorts of downtime activities, some planned some spontaneous. There's certainly lots to do on our non-work/non-school days, and so many ways to spend an empty afternoon,

why not run through the sprinkler with an umbrella?

Or "play" with your favorite toy, the "little bother"

or enjoy a Luau-themed play date with best friends also on a summer schedule

followed by more "playing" with the bother

or go get your feet wet in the Pacific ocean

or simply covering yourself with chalk and chase your Mom around

or build a fort in the dining room with all your blankets, sheets and Mom's tablecloths.

on the weekends we get dressed up for church

or practice "reading"

or eat homemade pink lemonade popsicles

which are truly delicious

and enjoy hanging out and looking cool by the pool

all followed by a serious nap attack.
1 comment:
This reminds me of when we used to have the kids in part-time daycare and I'd be home with them one day a week. It was crazy but we got to do fun stuff like go to the park or the mall or laze around the house. I miss that. I wish I had more flexibility these days...
Post a Comment