Monday, November 5, 2007

Zoe's One Year Check up



23 lbs 5 oz
30 inches
70% for height
70% for weight

Zoe's weight somehow caught up with her height (maybe it's that daily half gallon of milk)? The highlights: She's hit all her developmental milestones. She took a Chicken Pox shot without a sound. We discussed EI and now have a referral for an assessment. The Dr. thinks that likely she will only need Speech, and if that is the case then therapy would not start for several more months. We need to take her in for a lead screening blood test as she is in two of the risk categories: 1) She lives in an old house with peeling paint (even though we know it is not lead paint) and 2) She chews on her toys (isn't it horrible that by chewing on toys she is at risk, ugh!). We're starting her on some vitamins. Her rash looks fine and is being managed by topical creams although not entirely clearing up. The Dr. is pleased with healing of her lip repair and even her tooth growth. He said it could be worse, her teeth could be coming in horizontally, as long as they remain vertical, he's happy.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Yay Zoe!!! We've had GREAT experiences with EI. I think Zoe will love it.

I think all kids need lead screenings now, ya know? With all the recalls you just don't know.

Kristin said...

I don't know how else to contact you, Julie but I made my gif in Photoshop's Image Ready.

Sometimes (especially when outside) my camera accidentally takes like 3-4 pictures (burst mode). I can't make it do it on purpose. But, because we had those I just put 'em together in Image Ready.

I love doing animations. I'm a dork that way. :)

Yay for Zoe's appointment, though! I never thought about lead screening for everything. Bah!