Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lions and Tigers and Bears

We had a wonderful day at the LA Zoo with my friend Mariana. Chris had to leave for a business trip in the early morning and I just didn't want to spend the day running errands with the girls or bumping around our small apartment. So we hit the road, went over the mountains and reached the zoo in about an hour and a half.

Even though it was over 150 degrees outside, it was great fun. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of my beautiful friend Mariana. My camera was acting up a bit (not holding a charge again) so most of these photos are from her camera.

The girls loved Mariana and she secured their opinion of her by buying them each a toy from the gift shop at the end of the day. Athena got a stuffed tiger and Zoe got a zoo animal puzzle. Athena has not let her tiger go, he sleeps with her, brushes his teeth with her, and goes to school with her. His name is "Tiger Baby" - we've really got to work on more creative names.

Slathering on the SPF50.

Zoe looking at the giraffes (her favorite animals). Hydrating in cool animal water bottles that cost like $8 each.
Cooling down in the sprinklers.
Zoe and her Momma.

4 comments:

Stu said...

How about Tiger Kid? Already taken? I got nothing.

Julie said...

I've given her so many suggestions...but no, it's Tiger Baby.

Kristin said...

Oh my!!!

I love the zoo, but that sounds like a hot hot day.

Glad you had fun.

Kyla said...

I love the Zoo, but not until November or so. LOL.