So, Ah Katie scored some huge points today by sending the girls a DVD of "The Little Mermaid." Athena has Disney princess shoes and a recently purchased Disney princess bedtime book. But, up until now the only princess she knew was Cinderella. Suddenly a whole new world has opened up for her...the world of Ariel. After watching the movie we read two of Ariel's stories. Following the last one was a story about Belle from "Beauty and the Beast." Athena asked me who she was and what was her name. I told her and she said thoughtfully "Hmmm....maybe Uncle Stuart get that for me..."
Here's the girls rocking out to the "Under the Sea" song on the credits of "The Little Mermaid." Who was that who swore she would never let her girls fall into the slippery slope that is Disney princesses? Whoever she is, she is long gone.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
The competition is on....
Posted by
Julie
at
7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awww, that is so cute. And I especially like the comment about Uncle Stu getting another video for her.
I wish Uncle Stu could move with you guys because I am going to miss hearing stories about him and the girls. He seems so much apart of your family (which I know he is).
Ah yes, I've fallen down quite a few of those slippery slopes myself. The Little Mermaid was my favorite movie as a kiddo. It is really the only princess movie I like! Well, Beauty and the Beast is okay, too, but not as good. LOL.
Under the sea, under the sea
Under the sea, under the sea
When the sardine begin the beguine
It's music to me
What do they got, a lot of sand
We got a hot crustaceuan band
Each little clam here
Know how to jam here
Under the sea
Each little slug here
Cutting a rug here
Under the sea
Each little snail here
Know how to wail here
That's why it's hotter
Under the water
Ya, we in luck here
Down in the muck here
Under the sea
Expect a live performance this weekend, with crab dancing and all. :D
I'm afraid we're only at the beginning of the Disney Princess phase at our house too...and, with two girls, I imagine they'll stick around for awhile. Nice to know I'm not the only one who indulges her kids anyway against her better judgement! Besides all that, aren't they so cute!
Mwahahahaha! My evil plan is working! As a child my two favorite videos were Cinderella and The Little Mermaid - I drove my brother, Chris (father of these dear girls), crazy when he would babysit. Now his child is also in love with both! Mwahaha!!
Unca Stu better get down on this while he has a chance or I'm going to win over these girls as favorite relative!
(Aunt Mimi - I really don't mean that - please don't hurt me . . .)
I don't think there's much of a way to avoid those princesses. They have a way of sucking little girls in.
If it leads to adorable dancing sessions like that, I can't say that it's necessarily a bad thing. :)
Post a Comment