Unca Stu came to visit this weekend and turned an ordinary Saturday of nothing planned into a visit to Mimi's restaurant, which turned into a trip to the "general store" in downtown Rhinebeck, where we then purchased a fabulous owl kite for Athena (how could we not) and Fireman's cap for Zoe (she really, really wanted it) and punch balls for everyone. And then, of course, we had to go to the Vanderbilt mansion to try out our new owl kite. I was reminded how lovely it is to have two little "excuses" to go and fly a kite for no other reason except that it's fun.
Uncle Stu put it together and had it airborn in seconds flat.
Athena caught on quickly and soon did a great job of flying it by herself. Although she kept running and running with it until she was so far away, I started to get a bit nervous.
Zoe hung back and watched. Looking cool in her new cap.
And politely posed for a few shots.
6 comments:
That is an amazing kite...I had to do a double take when I first opened this post.
What fun! Did you sing the song from Mary Poppins...i wouldn't have been able to help myself.
That kite is fantastic. And Zoe looks so grown up in her fire hat. I think it is the way she is standing.
So did Uncle Stu bring the Little Mermaid?
The kite was a big hit and we're definitely doing it again one day.
As for the Little Mermaid, Aunt Katie brought that already. I decided to get my favorite: Peter Pan. The girls were going Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc while making crocodile snapping motions for a while. Lot's of fun!
That uncle Stu is just the best!
Very awesome kite. I also had to do a double take.
Beautiful pictures of the girls!!
Fun! What a kite!
And Zoe looks like such a little model in that first shot. Her stance, her hand to her face...very model.
the yellow balloon pic is gorgeous! She is starting to look so grown up! Adalynn will never look that old if she doesn't grow some hair soon. :)
Post a Comment