Saturday, May 17, 2008

See you soon my darlings

As many of you may know, Julie, her husband Chris, and our two blog worthy little darlings, Athena and Zoe will be moving to California next week. This will be my last weekend being able to spend time with my wonderful nieces. I have had the great honor of being with both nieces for the majority of their short, action packed lives; from living close by in Kentucky and watching newborn Athena open her eyes to the world to helping Zoe feel comfortable in her first steps across the living room of her New York home. Their smiles and laughter continue to warm my soul and I truly enjoy every minute of their presence. We can enjoy inside jokes as parents and relatives look on in confusion, we can run around in circles until breathless and collapse into a giggling heap, we can take ordinary household objects and create a magical adventure, we can paint and color until we are red in the face (literally), we can dance and do somersaults until we don’t know which way is up, and we can simply sit and enjoy the warmth of each others company reading countless stories.

I will treasure these days past and look forward to many more. I will miss you all more than I currently know as the weeks go by, but I know I will be out to see you all frequently for future adventures and family gatherings. I truly wish you a smooth transition and a beautiful new life. You will be always in my thoughts.

All my love and see you soon my darlings,

Uncle Stu

5 comments:

Julie said...

Aww...you have me crying in my coffee this morning...

Kyla said...

Awwww, Uncle Stu. You're a good guy.

Kristin said...

Aww, Uncle Stu...that was so sweet. And I loved the red painted face from awhile back. My kids need an uncle like you...or an uncle PERIOD.

~aj~ said...

I think it's safe to say you make us ALL want an Uncle Stu like you!

This was so, so sweet. No doubt the girls are going to miss their partner in crime.

Anonymous said...

Stu has me crying as I read this! What a special relationship he has with the girls - it is something to be envious of!