we call this John Patrick's "mad baby" faceWhat does one do when one's newborn is sleepless, fussy and uncomfortable? Well you can:
- change your diet to restrict dairy
- try lactose-free formula (after soy formula makes it worse)
- burp baby at 10 minute intervals during nursing
- learn baby massage
- give gripe water 4x per day
- and gas drops after each feeding
- try all sorts of different sleeping positions
- wait it out until baby turns a corner
I have no idea which one of these things is working, but I am happy to report that we have a contented baby today. No fussiness and sleeping peacefully. AND last night he slept for over four hours at the start of the night, then woke up for 15 minutes and went right back to sleep for two and a half hours, then woke up for 15 minutes and went to sleep again for an hour. Which means I got almost seven hours of actual sleeping time! Although it wasn't
an uninterrupted seven hours, it still feels like a vacation!!!
I am not hanging a "mission accomplished" banner just yet, but I see a light...
5 comments:
To think that a baby blog would make such subtle political correlations is a great day indeed. Glad you got some sleep!
Awwwww poor tummy. I'm so glad whatever it is is working for now. :) Hang in there. You've got such a great attitude about it all!
You know, I think he does look like Chris!
I love this picture! I too cut out all dairy for a very long time to keep Abby happy. Anything for the babe!
Julie, are things still going well in this department? Our second was colicky and...oh my. I feel your pain -- it is exhausting! But I'm happy to report it does get better. Hang in there!
Post a Comment