Thursday, April 9, 2009

Little Pitchers

So we were totally caught yesterday.

Since I started breast feeding Athena, Chris and I have casually tossed around our own humor and called everything related to the breast as "boob" - like milk is "boob juice" and I'm the "boob lady" and if the baby is crying we'll say "he just wants some boob" or sigh and say "it's all about the boob." Well, the last time we had a breast feeding baby, Athena was quite wee, now she's a sassy preschooler and our crappy language is coming back at us.

Yesterday, we had a couple of Moms from our art class over for a play date. We were chat chat chatting away about something and Athena inserted herself into the conversation with a

"My Mommy feeds the baby. She had boobs!"

What followed was nervous laughter and I swear one Mom darted her eyes around the room and looked like she wanted to cover her sons ears.

Oh dear.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Hey, that's not bad AT ALL! Abby has been done for 6 months or so and STILL reaches in my shirt, in PUBLIC, stating "I like boobs, Mommy, YA!" Boobs shmoobs, it's an okay word, right?

Stu said...

Chalk this one up there with wine being "mommy juice"

Kristin said...

I think that's so funny. Easton doesn't even know the word boob...he knows nipples but has always called breasts "milks". :) I was okay with that for this very reason although poor thing will be very very lost one day when he realizes they're for something other than milk.

Laura said...

Hey I think it's great you breast feed. Why should other Mom's fear the "boob" word? For whatever reason, Kestian and Adelaide keep saying to me "I like your boobies, Mommy" which I don't really know why - but the other day they kept saying this at some restaurant! I stopped breastfeeding when they were 1 so they don't remember much about "the boobs", so it must have to do with something else. Go figure. It could be worse. :)

~aj~ said...

Aren't kids great?!

This gave me a good chuckle. And reminded me when Adam told the Walmart cashier about me giving Drew my "milkies". ;)

FYI: My word identification for this comment is "blesses". I usually get made up mumbo-jumbo. This is definitely the best one yet. Hope God BLESSES you richly today!!!

Laura and Corey said...

i laughed out loud that was so funny.