Thursday, April 30, 2009

For my Chris

Nine years ago today we had a small wedding with
a gathering of friends and family in an
old haunted mansion in San Francisco.
Rebecca performed the service and we took
lines from a Princess Bride for our vows
which were barely heard over the click of disposable cameras.
I treasure that day because it made you completely mine.
Some day our babies will look at this picture and say
"Were Mom and Dad really ever that young?"
It feels like yesterday and forever ago.
I love you more with each passing year.
Yes.
I will spend another nine years with you.
(after that we'll have to talk)

6 comments:

Stu said...

Wow, how time has flown. It is truly a pleasure to see how your love for each other continues to grow and become stronger every day. Happy Anniversary!

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary, you love birds!

sheree said...

Happy Anniversary, Julie and Chris!

Kristin said...

Happy 9th, you two! What a sweet couple you guys make.

DIANE said...

Nine years. Three babies. One awesome couple!

Happy Anniversary! We love you!

tierd said...

Happy anniversary! Fabulous picture and sweet words :)